Interested in Ashland’s Old-Fashioned 4th of July Celebration as either a Booth or Parade Entry. Our event is being held on Thursday, July 4th, 2019. Here are some important items and updates we’d like to share with you:
- Booth and Parade Applications: We are a bit delayed and we thank you for your patience. We anticipate having applications ready by the end of this month, but we do not have an exact date. You will automatically receive an email with that information when they are released. We will also update our website at that time as well. We will extend the deadline to the best of our capabilities to give you more time, as we understand we are delayed in comparison to previous years. Deadlines for applications will fall during the week of June 24th and will be clearly stated on the forms. Booth assignments will still be first come, first serve.
- Ashland’s Old-Fashioned 4th of July Mission Statement:
The mission of the Ashland Chamber of Commerce’s Old-Fashioned 4th of July Celebration is to create and operate a long-standing historic Ashland tradition to celebrate our country’s independence, freedom and liberty through this annual event. The Celebration includes the parade, park activities, family activity zone, live music and fireworks – all being meant for a family-friendly audience and to embrace community building by promoting a welcoming atmosphere for all individuals through encouragement and acceptance of one another without judgment or exclusion as to differences in race, sexual orientation, religion, or political affiliation. This is something we embody with each of our events throughout the year. Each year for the Old-Fashioned 4th of July Celebration, our Planning Committee selects a unique theme to honor in the Parade and through our Grand Marshal(s). Local Dignitaries and Veterans are also honored. All Participants must adhere to this mission when in our event permit areas. To learn more about the Ashland Chamber of Commerce or the annual 4th of July Celebration, visit ashlandchamber.com.
“Celebrating 50-years of Friendship”
The 2019 4th of July Celebration is honoring the 50-years of Sister City friendship between Guanajuato, Mexico and Ashland, Oregon.
We are excited to honor this lifelong friendship between two cities and two countries marked by the people-to-people connections that embrace peace, understanding and acceptance of different cultures and ways of life without judgment, but with joy in honoring our differences and sharing our common values. We invite Parade Entries to embrace the theme of “Friendship.” Ashland is built upon relationships with one another and friendship is at the forefront of this historic relationship.
- As you plan your Parade Entry or Booth for 2019, be thinking of how you might answer the following questions on the application:
- What will be the nature or message of Applicant’s entry?
- How will it relate to the 4th of July Celebration’s Mission and 2019 Parade Theme (if specifically entering as a float)?
- Parade Entries, Booth Vendors and behavior will be appropriate for a FAMILY AUDIENCE and consistent with the EVENT MISSION & PARADE THEME. How will your entry or booth fulfill this requirement?
- 2019 Parade Line-up / Staging Area: Will be completely NEW for 2019 – watch for those changes in parade packets.
- 2019 Parade Timeline (subject to change):
- 7:00 AM - Entries may arrive to the new staging area (location to be included in parade confirmation packet) any time after 7:00 AM based on how long you may need to finish final touches for your float or entry
- Entries will now be assigned to a specific order going down the parade route. You will be given line-up instructions in advance along with your parade route number. There will no longer be a first come, first serve system.
- 8:30 AM - Judging begins for Floats (must be designated on your parade application in order to be judged and considered for prizes)
- 9:15 AM - ALL Entries including anyone joining in your float must be to the staging area by this time or you will risk NOT being able to go down the Parade Route
- 10:00 AM - Parade Begins
- The Parade ends typically between 11:30 AM and NOON depending how many entries we have
- Activities in Lithia Park to follow