Masks are required in all public spaces. Thank you for helping to keep yourself and Ashland safe and our businesses open.
Friends of the Animal Shelter (FOTAS) is a nonprofit organization that provides volunteers who support the programs of the Jackson County Animal Shelter. Our mission is to increase pet adoption, improve the quality of life for Shelter animals, and promote spay and neuter.
The homeless pets at the Jackson County Animal Shelter are either surrendered or rescued strays. FOTAS volunteers ensure their stay at the Shelter is a comfortable as possible, filled with exercise, personal interactions and training.
The Shelter is a spay/neuter-before-adoption facility, which has greatly brought down the number of unwanted pets in Jackson County. The Shelter receives very limited public funding and donations to FOTAS helps pay for many programs that saves lives daily.
Hundreds of men, women, and children volunteer at the Shelter with FOTAS each year to help save adoptable animals. We are always looking for more volunteers!
Friends of the Animal Shelter New Volunteer Orientations are held on the first Saturday of the month, 1 – 2:30 PM at the Shelter. Call to reserve your seat (541) 774-6651. Seating is limited.
Come by and hear about the various volunteer opportunities:
· Socializing: Cat cuddling, dog walking, and training
· Fostering: Providing temporary “home between homes” for young puppies and cats, and for those that are kennel stressed
· Adoption Counseling: Help adoptive parents find the right pet for their lifestyle
· Outreach: Expose more adoptable animals to people outside the Shelter
· Pet Taxi: Shuttle animals to see veterinarians
· Fundraising: Raise funds for critical needs, like veterinary care
· Publicity: Advertise adoptable pets via social media and advertising
For more information, please visit Friends of the Animal Shelter on the web at www.fotas.org or call (541) 774-6651. The Jackson County Animal Shelter, located at 5595 South Pacific Hwy in Phoenix, is open weekdays, 11 AM – 4 PM and Saturdays, Noon – 4 PM.